The article varicose veins on the legs. We will talk about the symptoms and causes of disease, ways of treatment.
What are varicose veins
Varicose veins — a disease that occurs due to distention of the peripheral veins beneath the skin. In most cases, the disease manifests itself on the surface of the muscles of the legs, and veins take on a blue hue, are winding and hilly.
Also the formation of nodes and destruction of the valvular apparatus, causing the flow of blood in the veins broken. When you close the flaps of the valves when the trouble starts. The blood is not able to rise up, as it usually happens, and veins because of its stagnation under the pressure.
At high pressure the blood stretches the walls of the veins, which are of different thickness. The vessels are stretched and their edges pressed against the dermis and become visible. For this reason, there are typical spider veins. If the vessel is visible through the dermis layer, it speaks of his weakness. The thicker veins, the better you can see their blue color. Formed nodules, which are clearly visible on the legs.
Varicose veins affects one in 4 people on the planet. A major factor in the development of pathology is the lack of development of connective tissue. For the formation of the development of varicose veins necessary predisposing conditions.
According to statistics, this pathology suffer 20% of the world's population and 50 percent of patients with early stage disease are not even aware of their disease. Most often varicose veins suffer the fairer sex.
How dangerous are varicose veins
The main danger of varicose veins lies in the occurrence of complications of the disease such as:
- Phlebitis is characterized by the formation of inflammatory processes on the inner side of the vessels. The skin takes on a reddish hue, and any touching it hurt. If at the same time inflamed veins several, the health of the person deteriorates. In case of untimely beginning of treatment this disease develops into thrombosis.
- As a result of thrombophlebitis occur blood seal — in other words, blood clots. To determine the exact diagnosis ultrasound angio-scan, ultrasound, reovasography. Externally you can see the redness and seal in the area of the inflamed vein. The disease is sometimes accompanied by a slight increase in body temperature. If blood clots occur in the deep veins, then the patient begins a deadly threat. In order to avoid death, urgent need surgery.
- Thrombosis is a complication of varicose veins, which is very difficult to detect because of the location of the clots as they are formed in the deep veins without inflammation. After some time you notice the formation of a thrombus by external signs, for example, severe swelling of the affected veins. On the area of skin where there was a blood clot, the dermis is of a red shade with blue shimmer.
- Trophic ulcers — the disease occurs due to a failure of the blood circulation, which further leads to disruption of tissues in the body. Minor trauma can provoke the spread of ulcers in the Shin. Often complications are accompanied by the formation of dermatitis and infectious processes.
To prevent serious complications, patients with venous insufficiency is serious about their health, to visit phlebologist.
Symptoms of varicose veins on the legs
The first symptoms of varicose veins can be strongly expressed, namely:
- thin vasculature acquires a bluish-purple hue;
- fatigue, itching, pain and burning sensation in legs towards evening;
- numbness and muscle twitching at night.
With the development of changes in vessels vein symptoms worsen, because of this:
- the dermis in areas of varicose veins becomes thicker, it flakes and is covered with blue spots;
- pain in the calf become more intense and become more regular;
- occur the venous nodes, with the touch of which causes a pain.
Experts distinguish 4 stages of the disease:
- The first stage is the almost complete absence of complaints, with the exception of minor cosmetic irregularities.
- The second stage — the appearance of heavy legs, slight swelling, irregular night cramps calf muscle.
- The third stage is the formation of spots of red, blue and then brown, thickening of skin and mild swelling in the legs, swelling. The change in colour indicates the progression of the disease, the need to start therapeutic measures.
- The fourth stage, thrombophlebitis and venous ulcers, while ignoring treatment. Ulcers formed in any injury to eliminate them is almost impossible.
Varicose veins on the legs in women
According to statistics, varicose disease is diagnosed in women 4 times more often than men. While varicose veins can occur in both young girls and adult women.
One of the main factors of the disease in women is weight gain during menopause. This is due to the effect of hormones (progesterone, estrogen) that reduce the tone of veins.
Genetic influence on disease development is not fully understood, but 25% of respondents had relatives who suffered from the disease.
Varicose veins during pregnancy due to the influence of factors on the female body:
- the increase in blood volume;
- the increase of the uterus, compressing the retroperitoneal veins;
- hormonal changes, increased levels of progesterone;
- the increase in intra-abdominal pressure in the process of delivery.
Disease during pregnancy develops in the first months. Clinical symptoms begin to appear in the middle of the second trimester.
Varicose veins in men legs
The main factors in the emergence of varicose veins on the legs in men are:
- great physical exertion;
- the abuse of alcohol beverages;
- an unbalanced diet;
- lack of exercise;
- lifting weights.
Men's work is often associated with physical activity. Regular stress can provoke stenosis of the saphenous vein.
Another factor in the development of the disease is consumption of high calorie fatty foods and a lack in the body nicotinic acid and omega-3.
Treatment of the disease happens in the same way as women.
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs
Effective therapy of varicose on the legs should solve certain problems:
- elimination of varicose syndrome;
- removing signs of the disease;
- prevention of recurrence.
The first problem is solved with the help of drug therapy and surgical intervention. Conservative treatment is aimed at eliminating signs of disease (drug therapy and compression), and prevention (physical therapy, elastic compression).
At the initial stage of the disease apply conservative treatment:
- the medication that the physician prescribes (anticoagulants and phleboprotector);
- local use of gels and ointments;
- elastic compression;
- Physical therapy and exercises;
- proper nutrition and a healthy lifestyle.
Compression, conservative treatment is mandatory at all stages of the disease. When you use compression stockings are able to eliminate blood stasis, and to create good conditions for microcirculation vessels. Jerseys with the optimal pressure selected, based on the extent of varicose veins:
- Class 1 — the initial stage of the disease;
- Class 2 — varicose veins syndrome of "tired legs";
- Class 3 — the presence of complications of the disease.
Folk medicine offers a number of tools, which is aimed at reducing symptoms of the disease and elimination of pain. Below are some of the most effective means that you can cook yourself at home.
- black bread — 1 slice;
- camphor oil — 20 ml;
- the fruits of horse chestnut — 50 g.
- Preparation: Spread bread with butter, on top sprinkle dry fruits chestnut.
- Usage: the resulting composition apply to the inflamed Vienna and fix with an elastic bandage, leave the poultice overnight.
- Effect: Elimination of pain after 10 sessions.
Apple cider vinegar for varicose veins of the legs
Every day at night RUB vinegar on inflamed areas on the skin. The duration of treatment is 30 days. You can carry out the procedure in the morning, but then she should lie down for an hour.
To improve the effect drink Apple cider vinegar diluted in water with honey on an empty stomach 30 minutes before a meal. The duration of treatment is 1 month.
Apple cider vinegar, diluted in water, can be applied as a lotion to inflamed veins. To do this, dissolve in a glass of water, 2 tbsp. vinegar, dampen a clean part of the cloth and apply to the affected vein. Do the procedure two hours before bedtime.
Funds from varicose veins in the legs
Medical therapy should undergo courses 2 times a year for 2-3 months. For the treatment used phleboprotector that eliminate symptoms of the disease, increase the tone of veins, prevent the occurrence of inflammation in the walls of blood vessels and improve microcirculation vessels.
In phlebology practice successfully used drugs on the basis of flavonoids (substances that are present in plant organisms). For fast and effective elimination of symptoms ointments and gels for local purposes.
Drug therapy is not able to eliminate the disease, but also slows the progression of the disease.
To prevent formation of varicose veins use the following guidelines:
- special use venotonics;
- not to throw the legs while sitting;
- daily clean the intestine from harmful substances, prevent the formation of constipatio;
- take breaks when standing work, let your feet relax;
- follow diet, avoid weight gain, minimizes the consumption of salt;
- if you need to wear compression stockings;
- limit your intake of alcoholic beverages and tobacco products;
- possibly spending more time in the fresh air;
- do self-massage your feet with vegetable and essential oils;
- see your doctor regularly.