With the article you will learn the characteristics of the use of folk remedies in the treatment of varicose veins, recipes for infusions, compresses, ointments, methods of preventing pathologies.
RULES AND RESTRICTIONS
The treatment of varicose veins in the legs with folk remedies depends on compliance with a series of rules:
- in the first days of therapy, you should start taking homemade products with half the prescription (adaptation period);
- When choosing a treatment method, priority is given to home remedies made with herbs that grow in your area (this improves tolerance to medicinal infusions, decoctions, compresses);
- any substance included in the popular recipe is capable of sensitizing the body;
- the occurrence of side effects requires discontinuation of treatment;
- if toxic substances are used in the treatment, consult a doctor and caution in use is necessary;
- therapy with folk remedies takes a long time;
- herbs and plants are used as part of a complex therapy.
Compliance with the recommendations will preserve the health and longevity of patients.
HOW TO TREAT VARICOSE AT HOME
Traditional methods of treating varicose veins can be very different. The correct choice of the therapeutic method guarantees its effectiveness. The most popular are the following:
- legs raised above the head during rest - this means - above the level of the heart, which blocks the accumulation of blood in the lower extremities, guarantees its rapid return to the heart and reduces the load on the veins (ideally, this "exercise" during any break from household chores);
- yoga: sitting against the wall, leaning on your back, try to raise your legs at a 45-degree angle and hold them in this position for three minutes;
- one of the most popular remedies for the treatment of varicose veins - horse chestnut, which improves the elasticity of the vascular wall and the valvular apparatus of the veins, take an infusion cup twice a day, the course is 3 months, thenthe dosage is reduced to a single dose;
- the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies is also possible with the help of Centela Asiatica, which strengthens the vessels and the surrounding connective tissue;
- lemon peel, which contains rutin, prevents bleeding from capillaries;
- vitamins C and flavonoids act in the same way: 500 mg of ascorbic acid and 250 mg of flavonoids / day;
- Proanthocyanidins reduce the risk of bleeding with varicose veins, are found in blueberries, blueberries, currants, green tea and dietary supplements: take up to 300 mg / day;
- effective treatment of varicose veins - contrast shower: during 3 minutes of hot and cold jets, the vessels are hardened (always ending with a cold jet);
- elastic stockings reduce swelling in the legs, compression stockings - due to their shape, correct blood flow to the heart;
- active lifestyle is an effective alternative method of treating varicose veins (walking is a valuable exercise for the legs, as each step causes the muscles in the veins to contract and the blood rises);
- it is not recommended to keep your legs crossed, as this prevents venous blood flow;
- massage of the lower extremities stimulates blood circulation (from heels to thighs);
- tea with oak bark or witch hazel is used to treat varicose veins;
- regular evacuation for varicose veins is a must, as constipation blocks blood flow and increases blood pressure in the lower extremities (the problem is solved with a balanced diet rich in fiber).
In addition, the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies is carried out in other ways, using specific herbs and medicinal products. The methods have no gender differences, they are effective for men and women equally.
DYES AND NATURALS
As alcohol is the main ingredient in all dyes, the method is not safe. If the skin integrity of the legs is violated, it is not appropriate. Herbs are rich in flavonoids, vitamins that prevent the formation of blood clots and, when used in the form of tincture, are effective.
Datura seed tincture. 100 g of seeds are ground in a coffee grinder, watered with half a liter of alcohol, left in the dark for 14 days, shaking daily. Store in the dark and cool. Take according to the schedule: on the first day - once, half an hour before a meal, 15 drops in half a glass of water, then daily the dose is increased by a few drops to 25. Drink for a month. Improvement occurs after three strokes.
horse chestnut tinctureis effective for treating varicose veins. 50 g of plant flowers are poured with half a liter of vodka, insisted for two weeks, stirring the mixture every day. Filter, drink with large spoons three times a day with water. Course - one week, break - two, repeat.
Kalanchoe tincturefor varicose veins is prepared according to the same principles, sometimes white acacia or comfrey flowers are added to the grass. Previously, the leaves of the plant are cut and placed in the cold for 5 days. Then, all the same manipulations are performed. Strain before using, apply externally, rubbing on the affected area twice a day for three months.
Well stimulates the tone of the blood vessels, cleans themgarlic infusion: chop lemons with peel and garlic heads in equal proportions, pour three liters of water over the dough, leave forthree days, stirring the mixture daily. The solution is filtered and kept cold. The agent is taken in 100 ml with meals, three times a day. The course requires 4 three-liter cans of this infusion (prepared once every ten days). Repetition is possible twice a year.
Effective treatment of varicose veins with plants, herbs and other folk remedies at home is possible in the form of compresses.Soft drinks, clay and potatoes are often used for this.If you just dissolve the clay and the soda in the water and soak the gauze folded in several layers with the solution, to use the potatoes you need to peel and grind several tubers, apply the mixture directly to the problem area, covering with a compress. Keep the compress for 4 hours.
The compress can be made fromtomatoes- natural venotonics and pain relievers. The course of therapy is three weeks, a break is a week and a repetition. The tomatoes do not need to be chopped, they apply the halves of the vegetable to the problem area until a burning sensation occurs. Then the tomato is removed, the skin is washed and dried.
In the treatment of varicose veins,cabbage leavesare used as a compress: each leaf is rolled with a rolling pin, one side is greased with vegetable oil and applied to the site of varicose inflammation. The upper part is fixed with a bandage for one day. Course - month.
Compressginger: the root is crushed, mixed with honey, applied to the problem area for 3 hours, on top - a bandage and warm socks.
Compressviburnumfor varicose veins: fresh fruit needs to be made into porridge, place the mixture on a napkin and apply to the inflamed area of the skin, fix with a bandage. It is best to leave this compress overnight.
Honey treatment is even easier: a layer of honey is applied to a napkin and applied to the problem area. Above - polyethylene and bandage. On the first day, the compress is kept on the leg for 2 hours, on the second - 3, on the third - 4, and then - left overnight. The duration of the course is 3 weeks.
The treatment of varicose veins with effective folk remedies in the form of friction is very convenient. As a rule, they are always at hand. For example, apple cider vinegar strengthens the walls of blood vessels, tones the valves and relieves pasty.It is very important to make your own vinegar, as the store does not sell 100% natural.Vinegar is used to clean problem areas, it doesn't need to be washed, so doctors recommend doing these procedures at night, before going to bed.
The intake of apple cider vinegar is limited, the medicine is contraindicated for:
- pathology of the digestive system;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- liver and kidney pathologies.
To scrub, you can uselemon juice, rubbing the varicose veins with slices. The citrus is an excellent tonic, it is used as a compress for a day, and it is drunk as juice, adding to tea, coffee, whoever you want.
Along with apple cider vinegar,essential oilsare used to treat varicose veins using popular methods: castor, black cumin, sandalwood, garlic, flax and others. There are two ways to use it:
- a few drops of different ether are added to a bath with warm water and taken at night, before going to bed;
- use oil in a massage cream that strengthens veins and soothes doughy legs.
melonis used to treat varicose veins. With the internal pulp, previously released from the seeds, you should thoroughly rub the leg region with problematic veins, wrap it with something warm for the night. The action of the melon is a smooth and long-term treatment.
In the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies, medicinal drinks are generally very popular.The most effective juices are sea buckthorn, chokeberry, grapes, currants, blueberries and cranberry fruit sodas.The ideal drink is compote. But it is equally important to correctly calculate the drinking regime of varicose veins, since water is an integral part of blood plasma and its lack leads to an increase in the viscosity of the biological fluid, causing thrombosis and thrombophlebitis.
In the case of varicose veins, it is better to drink activated or living water, which tones the body, strengthens the immune system and enhances the regeneration processes. Living water is water with negative oxidation reduction potential (ORP).
For the preparation of this water at home, there are special devices that are capable of separating it into fractions. The water located at the anode has a positive potential - it is "dead water", while living water with negative oxidation properties accumulates near the cathode.
They drink living water, wash their faces, prepare food, water flowers. Dead water heals wounds as it disinfects them, preventing secondary infection, pyoderma.
In addition to water, it treats varicose veins and cognac which, in minimal doses, improve blood circulation. Foreign scientists argue that using brandy according to a certain scheme reduces mortality from cardiovascular disease by 34% and increases life expectancy by 3, 8 years on average. The regime is simple: 50 g of cognac on an empty stomach in the morning with an apple, whole food, along with the bones. You can have coffee in half an hour.
This treatment scheme for varicose veins is an excellent prevention of cardiovascular disease in healthy people, but it must be borne in mind that alcohol irritates the mucous membrane of the digestive system, can cause erosive processes, and many are generally able to acquireaddiction to alcohol that way. Therefore, each treatment regimen for varicose veins with any folk remedies must be agreed with the doctor.
50 g of cognac is the maximum daily, which has no intoxicating effect, but is completely eliminated from the body. Anything above can be harmful to health. In general, this is equivalent to 30 grams of ethanol, which is produced by the body itself every day.
Popular in the treatment of varicose veins andnutmegdue to its ability to stimulate blood circulation and relieve inflammation of the veins. Prepare the medicine as follows: grind the whole nuts in the coffee grinder, pour the powder with a glass of boiling water, let it cool, add the honey, leave it for 20 minutes and drink it on an empty stomach before breakfast.
Gingerfor varicose veins can be used as a tea that relieves inflammation at any stage of the process. Cooking is very simple: a small piece of ginger is poured with boiling water, insisted for 15 minutes and drunk. In addition to normalizing blood circulation, the drink has a beneficial effect on metabolism.
Kalinataken internally is essentially a juice mixed with honey (a spoonful of honey in a glass of juice). It should be consumed 4 times / day, two tablespoons for 1, 5 months.
The treatment of varicose veins with vegetable juices gives good results. The juices are absorbed quickly, in ten minutes, saturating the body with useful substances: minerals, vitamins, strengthening the vascular wall, improving blood flow and preventing the formation of thrombi. Most popular:
- carrot juice with spinach leaves (10: 6) - source of rutin, preventing vascular fragility, restoring the valve apparatus, and oxalic acid, which prevents deposition of limestone on the walls of the veins, preserves elasticityfrom blood vessels, removes free radicals;
- celery - antioxidant, detoxifying, stimulates lipolysis, has diuretic properties, added to carrots and spinach 50-50;
- a mixture of spinach and beet carrot juices (10: 3: 3) replenishes the daily supply of minerals, normalizes blood pressure, relieves doughiness (beet stimulates blood formation, increases hemoglobin);
- if you add parsley to the carrot, spinach and celery juice (7: 3: 4: 2), this will help to strengthen the vein walls and prevent swelling;
- turnip juice - a source of calcium, potassium, magnesium;
- watercress leaves contain sulfur, chlorine, iron, sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, which, in combination with turnip and spinach, detoxify the blood, dilute it, prevent thrombosis and thrombophlebitis;
Juices are prepared just before they are taken, drink a glass twice a day.
Varicose veins are well controlled with ointments based on vegetable oils. The priority is given to the olive due to the presence of arachidonic acid, which is able to restore the structure of the veins. The density is created by the addition of animal fat, increasing efficiency including wormwood, willow bark, wood lice, celandine and marigold in the composition. The final liniment is applied at night to problem areas and in the morning it is washed with warm water.
Horse chestnut ointmentcontains glycosides that increase capillary permeability, improve blood circulation and relieve inflammation. To cook, take 6 dried chestnuts, 2 tablespoons of flowers, mash everything in a blender, pour the dough with vegetable oil (1: 10), insist in the dark for 10 days. Then, the resulting ointment is boiled for 40 minutes, cooled and stored in the refrigerator. The resulting composition is lubricated with diseased areas twice a day.
Adam's apple ointmentis shown in the initial stages of varicose veins: a 15 mm layer of lard is placed in a glass jar, 10 mm of thickness is placed on top, then, a layer of lard is placed again, and so on, up to the top (the last layer - lard). The pot is placed in a steam bath or in an oven for one day (it should not boil), filtered, cooled, rubbed several times a day in the problem areas.
To prevent varicose veins use:
- infusion of fragrant rue: 50 g of herbs, a glass of vodka, insist for two weeks, take 15 drops before meals, wash with water;
- buckwheat is good for strengthening blood vessels: a tablespoon of cereal, crushed into powder, is taken daily with water; The nettle infusion
- improves blood flow: two tablespoons of leaves in a glass of boiling water, take one tablespoon twice a day, for 14 days.
Self-medication is not recommended, varicose veins require specialized advice, defining individual treatment tactics.