Venous thrombosis of the lower limbs interferes with blood flow. The treatment method is determined by the phlebologist. Once an accurate diagnosis is established, the doctor will prescribe the best and most effective medication for the disease. For varicose veins in the lower extremities, you can use ointments, gels, pills, traditional medicine. Regardless of the medicine the doctor prescribes, its main task is to eliminate varicose veins and normalize blood flow in the lower extremities.
Therapeutic methods in combination against varicose veins provide rapid recovery. In addition to conservative and traditional treatment, physical exercise, dietary nutrition and application of contrast are considered effective methods of therapy.
The main objective of drug treatment is to minimize the clinical manifestations of varicose blood vessels, prevent negative consequences and normalize blood circulation.
The disadvantage of conservative treatment is the fact that the therapy corrects the symptoms, but does not completely eliminate the problem.
The main types of medication are differentiated:
- Phlebotonics- helps to improve the tone of the venous walls, eliminates swelling of the legs. The tablet form is not recommended to be taken in the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Medicines to thin the blood- prevent the process of thrombus formation. Used to treat thrombophlebitis.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs- this type is represented by anti-inflammatory painkillers that do not contain steroids.
It is not realistic to cure varicose veins absolutely. When it appears, the deformed vessels cannot return to their original shape under any circumstances. With the help of operations, the veins that remain on the surface are removed. However, deep veins cannot return to normal in this way. It is difficult to diagnose them. After the operation is finished, there is a high probability, about eighty percent, that the varicose veins will reappear after some time.
If you combine the methods of therapy and carry out prevention, the development process is suspended, preventing complications from occurring. But, it is necessary to do exams and attend consultations of phlebologists for life.
Using a tablet
The medicine in pill form is the most effective and popular form of treatment for varicose veins in the legs. The pills are prescribed by a doctor if it is impossible to use medications locally.
Pills for varicose veins in the legs can be used in combination with compression therapy and topical medications.
Therapeutic properties of tablets:
- improves the tone of the leg veins;
- accelerates blood flow;
- eliminates the inflammation process;
- accelerates lymphatic drainage;
- eliminates microcirculatory changes.
Classification of drugs against varicose veins in the legs:
- non-steroidal pain relievers; aspirin
- and its derivatives;
- medicines to prevent thrombosis.
Phlebotonics are very effective due to their therapeutic properties:
- there are no negative consequences of the gastrointestinal tract;
- eliminates burning and swelling in the legs.
Ointment in the treatment of disease
The ointment not only helps to cure varicose veins in the legs, but is also a preventive measure.
For the treatment of a disease, doctors generally recommend the use of ointments that have the following therapeutic effect:
- reduces leg pain;
- eliminates swelling in the legs;
- improves the performance of the valve system;
- increases the tone of the vein walls;
- reduces the risk of complications.
Depending on the therapeutic effect, ointments are classified:
- Contains heparin.It has a resorbing effect, prevents the formation of thrombi, stagnation processes.
- Contains venoactive components. Ointments, which include sweet clover, horse chestnut extract, buttocks help eliminate pain, strengthen leg veins.
- Contains non-steroidal substances.For preventive purposes, drugs are used to prevent blood clots and thrombophlebitis therapy. Medicines help to eliminate the inflammation process, help to reduce pain in the legs.
- Contains glucocorticoid hormones.They are a highly effective remedy that eliminates pain in the lower extremities and the inflammation process. The disadvantage is the large number of contraindications and negative consequences.
The use of ointments is advisable in the early stages of the development of varicose veins. During this period, the patient may be disturbed by the following symptoms:
- feeling of heaviness and pain in the legs;
- itching in the lower limbs;
- swelling of the legs;
- spider veins and veins appear on the skin.
The ointment helps to eliminate the listed symptoms and also performs the following therapeutic functions: normalizes the microcirculation, prevents the process of thrombus formation and dissolves blood clots, if present.
For the ointment selected to treat varicose veins to take effect, it is necessary to take into account the consultation and advice of the attending physician. This disease can only be treated when it is in its initial stage. It is important to use the ointment for the disease at the right time. It is necessary to suppress process of pathology. Many people who have this problem are wondering if they are not selling a not very expensive and effective ointment. The availability of a price is of great importance to most.
Many phlebologists think why the different compositions of varicose vein ointments in the lower extremities differ significantly in cost. For some people, it is impossible to get expensive drugs. Therefore, they prefer a not too expensive analog. When a cost is assigned to a drug, they pay attention mainly to the composition, the value of each component and the cost.
Asterisk ointment on the legs is applied externally, applied 3 times a day to the affected area of the skin. The course of application of the ointment is 14 days. In the presence of spider veins in the facial region, it is recommended to include anticouperose agents in the therapeutic complex. The use of ointments in the presence of lesions, skin ulcers, as well as in the presence of an allergic reaction to the composition of the product is not recommended.
Cream for treating diseases
The cream contains an active substance that helps to relieve pain and strengthen vein walls. Often, the cream contains vitamins C, B1, B5. Thanks to vitamins, blood vessel walls are strengthened, the regeneration process is accelerated.
Varicose veins complicate the process of penetrating the active substances into the tissues of the legs, so for the treatment to be effective, the concentration of the coagulant must be high. Although the tool is easy to use, it is not recommended to use it as the main therapy method.
Compression stockings have proven their effectiveness in treating varicose veins. In addition, it improves the condition of blood vessels, speeds up blood flow and prevents congestion.
Despite the effectiveness of the compression stocking, the use of it does not eliminate the cause of the pathology. Therefore, compression garments can be used as an additional remedy for varicose veins, eliminating pain and swelling.
Only a qualified specialist can suggest the best therapeutic agent to eliminate varicose veins. In the early stages of disease development, treatment can be done at home with the help of traditional medicine. It is recommended to discuss folk remedies with a doctor so as not to make the situation worse.
Several effective popular recipes:
- The garlic should be grated and mixed with butter in a 1 to 2 ratio. Then, the resulting porridge is applied to the affected veins, fixed on the limb with paper and a thick cloth. The compress should be made before going to bed and left overnight.
- To prepare the chestnut infusion, it is necessary to put 50 g of raw material in 500 ml of alcohol. The product must be infused for 2 weeks, then filtered. It is recommended to take the tincture three times before meals with a liquid.