It is not always possible to prevent the development of varicose veins, but with the regular implementation of preventive measures, it is possible to significantly reduce the risk of their occurrence.
For this purpose, traditional medicine is used, as, unlike chemical drugs, they do not have a negative effect on the body. But there are a small number of contraindications, so you need to see a doctor first.
The importance of varicose vein prevention
Vascular disease leads to the appearance of a venous pattern in the legs, which makes the person feel uncomfortable in society. This feature of the pathology greatly concerns the female half of the population, as they want their legs to be perfect. Reddened skin, swelling, and swollen veins do not look aesthetically pleasing. At the same time, the girl feels unattractive and becomes irritated.
But moral discomfort is only a small problem with varicose veins. As the course of the disease worsens, the individual develops severe pain, heaviness and leg cramps, which prevent normal movement. A person loses his independence because he needs constant help from his loved ones.
To prevent the appearance of such problems, doctors recommend that men and women follow the rules for preventing varicose veins. In people at risk, they will help reduce the risk of developing the condition.
But prevention is also important for patients who have already been diagnosed with varicose veins. Folk remedies used during the treatment period will increase their effectiveness and prevent the appearance of dangerous complications:
- deep vein thrombosis;
- trophic ulcer;
Varicose veins from the lower extremities can spread to the pelvic organs. In that case, men can develop varicocele, which becomes the cause of infertility.
In women, complications from vascular pathology can negatively affect the course of pregnancy. In severe cases, doctors even advise stopping it.
The importance of prevention lies in preventing mental and physical discomfort, as well as preventing the development of complications that can lead to death.
Herbal recipes are easy to prepare on your own, so prevention is done at home when it suits you. First, it is necessary to consult a therapist and perform an allergy test, which allows for the identification of an individual with intolerance to the chosen folk remedy.
For oral administration
In order to strengthen the walls of blood vessels and improve blood circulation in them, the use of the following tinctures and decoctions is recommended:
- horse chestnut. 100 g of flowers are placed in 1 liter of alcohol. The tool is kept for 2 weeks in a cool dark place, shaking occasionally. 1 teaspoon tinctures are added to a glass of plain water and drinks before meals 3 r. per day;
- nettle. The broth is prepared by boiling 2 tsp. crushed leaves 250 ml of boiling water. They drink in 1 tbsp. me. 2 p. per day for 2 weeks;
- street. 50 g of a dried plant is poured with 250 ml of alcohol and insisted for 14 days. The resulting product is filtered through gauze and consumed on an empty stomach, 15 drops each, diluting them in a glass of water;
- Ground nutmeg (1 tsp) is poured into boiling water (250 ml) and consumed as a tea with the addition of 1 tsp. honey 1 hour before meals;
- 1 tablespoon of soup. me. chopped leaves and husk of a hazelnut pour 250 ml of boiling water. Use remedy 3r. per day, 150 ml for 3 months.
Raw buckwheat also has a strengthening property. It is crushed to a powdery state and eaten daily on an empty stomach 1 tbsp. me. the resulting cereal, washed down with water.
When using nutmeg products, be aware of their toxicity. Daily dosage should not exceed 1 teaspoon.
You can increase the elasticity and firmness of blood vessels with the help of compresses and friction:
- finely chopped Kalanchoe leaves are poured with alcohol in a ratio of 1: 1. Insist on the remedy for 2 weeks and then rub your legs with it every day before going to bed;
- 2-3 cloves of unpeeled garlic are rubbed on a fine grater and mixed with butter in a ratio of 1: 2. The compress is applied in the evening;
- the freshly picked chestnut leaves are crushed into a pasty mass, which is applied to the legs for 8 to 10 hours, wrapping the legs with a bandage;
- Apple vinegar. Needs to be made with fruit juice or purchased at the store. At night or in the morning, you need 30 minutes. wrap the legs with a cloth dipped in undiluted vinegar. Put a film and a warm tissue on top. The legs must remain in an elevated position (on a pillow) throughout the procedure.
When buying apple cider vinegar, look at its ingredients. If it contains acetic acid and apple flavor, it won't work.
It is recommended to use external remedies for 1-1, 5 months and then take a break for 2-4 weeks.
Varicose Treatment Recipes
In folk medicine, there are recipes that alleviate the symptoms of the disease and speed up the healing process:
- Aloe juice, honey, crushed laundry detergent, ichthyol ointment, lard, Vishnevsky ointment and onion juice are mixed in equal proportions and the resulting dough is warmed to body temperature. Then, it is applied to the affected veins for 10 hours and the legs are wrapped in polyethylene, heating them from above with a handkerchief or warm blanket. The course of treatment includes 20 daily procedures;
- green clay is diluted with water to a creamy consistency. The product is applied to a clean cloth and wrapped around the painful leg, fixing it with a bandage. After 40-60 minutes. the compress is removed. The manipulation is performed for 1 r. one day every other day for 2-3 months;
- 8 tbsp. me. dried and crushed acacia flowers are poured with 200 ml of vodka and the product is left to infuse in a container with a closed lid for 10 days. Filter the finished dye and rub it completely into the affected areas. After that, the legs should take 30 minutes. be in an elevated position. The procedure is performed daily for 3 months;
- in a bucket filled with 10 liters of cold water (not less than 20 degrees), add 0. 5 liter of apple cider vinegar and lower your feet for 7 minutes. Bathing should be done every night for 2-3 months.
Treatment with folk remedies is carried out after consulting the doctor. If the general condition deteriorates, it must be stopped.
nutrition and diet
The main principle of prevention is adherence to the rules of a balanced diet. If you belong to a risk group or have been diagnosed with varicose veins, you need to exclude the following foods from the menu:
- smoked meats;
- flour and confectionery;
- fatty meats and fish;
- semi-finished products;
- high-fat dairy products;
Carbonated and alcoholic beverages are prohibited. It is also recommended to limit the consumption of coffee, cocoa and rose hips, which have a diuretic effect.
The diet should be fortified with the following foods:
- fruits with a high vitamin C content (citrus fruits, kiwi fruit);
- cherries, cherries and garlic help to reduce blood stickiness;
- remove excess body fluid, gooseberries, strawberries, gooseberries;
- vegetables and herbs;
- vegetable oil;
- low-fat dairy products;
- cereals increase the body's supply of fiber;
- lean meats and fish.
Food can be served cooked, cooked or steamed. It is also necessary to monitor the volume of fluid consumed, on which blood viscosity depends.
The objective of the diet is to normalize the metabolism and eliminate the stagnation that causes excess weight, hormonal disturbances and the development of inflammatory diseases. Over time, these violations lead to the development of varicose veins.
It is important that men and women pay attention to the prevention of vascular pathologies, since their early treatment leads to potentially fatal complications. The use of folk remedies will help to reduce the risk of developing pathology in the safest way for the body and to improve the overall health of the body.