It is considered that varicose veins can be effectively cured only with surgical intervention. However, it is not so. There are methods of treatment of varicose veins without surgery, which can significantly reduce the symptoms of the disease, and even completely get rid of it at an early stage. Treatment of varicose veins without surgery, so-called conservative treatment methods are currently widely used phlebological clinics.
The methods of treatment of varicose veins without surgery to attract a greater number of patients than the prospect of the forthcoming operation. Of course, running varicose veins in 4-6 stages cured without operating means is practically impossible, but to reduce pain, reduce swelling and even visually reduce bulging veins perhaps.
Treatment of varicose veins without surgery – the new and modern methods
Is it compulsory to do surgery for varicose veins? Not at all. Modern methods of treatment can eliminate pain, heaviness in the legs and visual manifestations of the disease without drastic intervention. We should not forget about alternative ways of treatment, recipes of traditional medicine.
Despite the fact that some phlebologist treat such methods quite skeptical and thorough research in this field in our country yet been conducted, folk remedies still provide a very noticeable positive effect in the treatment of disease, as evidenced by numerous cases.
It is clear that the treatment of varicose veins without surgery, medication, other treatments will be ineffective. But when running the veins and it will be useless. Therefore, drug treatment should begin at the earliest stages of the disease and to combine the methods of traditional medicine, wearing of compression underwear, following a special diet and exercise.
The course of reception of tablets from varicose veins also appointed at the final stage of treatment as maintenance therapy. The positive effect of the medication usually occurs within a few days when there are no hidden complications.
All medications that are used to treat varicose veins, conditionally classified into several groups:
- Phlebotonics (which give tone to the vessels). Help strengthen the walls of blood vessels, tones them, reduces blood viscosity and improves circulation, preventing the formation of blood clots.
- Anticoagulation (or antiplatelet agents) – drugs, specifically to reduce blood clotting.
- Which reduce swelling in the legs with varicose veins.
- Antioxidants, which accelerate the energy metabolism at the cellular level, which in turn contributes to a more rapid renewal. Representatives of this group are vitamins C, E, F, and B5.
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs – in addition to anti-inflammatory effects, has also analgesic effect, reducing pain. As a rule, apply only in the period of exacerbation of varicose veins, treatment course lasts more than one week.
Many of these drugs are available in pharmacies need to order from official dealers of manufacturers.
Methods of treatment of varicose veins without surgery with herbal medicine – another option alternative way of dealing with the disease. As a rule, it is not the infusion of one particular plants, and herbal, which is used in conjunction with conventional medicines.
Full of herbal treatment, especially in advanced stage of disease, of course, is not to achieve, but to get relief is possible. How it affect herbal for varicose veins?
- Cleaning the blood and reduce its viscosity;
- Activate the force of blood flow;
- Increase the tone of blood vessels, strengthens venous valves;
- Promote resorption of blockages of the veins.
More information about the role of herbal medicine in the fight against varicose veins you can find at this link.
No matter how resourceful drug treatment of any disease, there are always recipes of traditional medicine that promotes healing in conjunction with medical intervention. In fact, many experts are not against such "support". In the end, the majority of drugs made from natural components.
Treatment with leeches
Hirudotherapy – is there any real benefit from the use of leeches in treating varicose veins in the legs? Medical research shows that positive effect really is.
- relax the muscles of the legs, lymph flow restore;
- thin the blood, preventing the formation of blood clots;
- normalize blood pressure;
- enzymes secreted by the leeches in the blood, have anti-inflammatory action.
There are contraindications to the use of hirudotherapy, these include:
- hemophilia (the incoagulability blood);
- malignant tumors and tumors;
- open sores on the body;
- low blood pressure;
- allergic to the enzymes of the leeches (very rare).
Minimally invasive surgery
Methods of treatment of varicose veins without surgery include minimally invasive surgery is a method of conducting operations without any incisions on the human body. Is usually carried out through small punctures or natural physiological holes on the body. It is a successfully used alternative to traditional surgery. In the treatment of varicose veins has become the main methods of surgical interventions — phlebectomy, sclerotherapy, etc.
Laser treatment is firmly established in modern medicine due to the fact that surgical intervention with its help it is possible to perform without compromising the integrity of the skin of the patient.
This method is called endovenous laser treatment (can meet also called endovenous obliteration are one and the same).
Laser photocoagulation involves several stages:
- The preparations, shaving legs, dressing up in sterile clothing (disposable suits and bathrobes for operations now sold in almost every pharmacy);
- The conduct of duplex scanning in the course of which phlebologist or surgeon determines the boundaries of the affected vessels and the places where are venous valves, and then marks them with a marker on the patient's skin;
- The disinfected and local anaesthesia;
- Is a small puncture of the skin and superficial veins;
- In the vessel lumen of the catheter with a light guide;
- Is tumescently anesthetic directly into a vein injected the drug, which contains epinephrine and an anesthetic at low concentrations. In addition to the anesthesia procedure aims to protect the surrounding tissues from overheating when exposed to laser, narrowing of the vessel diameter.
- Is coagulation – "welding" of the vessel as by welding;
- After completion of the procedure, which lasts from 30 minutes to one hour for the puncture glued the patch.
- The final stage will be stubborn bandaging the legs with elastic bandages or putting on compression stockings.
The procedure is almost completely painless. Upon completion, the patient can immediately go home.
If it is possible to refuse surgery?
How to understand whether operative intervention with varicose veins or disease can be cured by alternative ways? A specific answer to this question can give only the medical specialist, after a thorough examination of the body.
Unfortunately, most patients are relying on unreliable sources of information, questioning the conclusion of the professional doctors self-medicate and exacerbating their condition.
Of course, methods of prevention of varicose veins, the introduction of a special diet, undergo regular examinations will not bring harm. But the main treatment prescribed by the doctor should never be ignored!